[duxhelp] Status of RC3

  • From: "Peter Sullivan" <peter@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 11:43:19 -0400

Beta Testers,

I'd just like to bring you all up-to-date.

We've effectively resolved the issue that Besty Whitney raised -- that the
cursor will, from time-to-time, "jump" up a page or more when she attempts
to read the next line on her braille display.  Indeed, probing for the cause
of this problem has helped us to find a few more, which we have also fixed.

We are now waiting on a resolution of the recently reported problems
embossing double-sided (but unfolded) sheets on an Index 4x4 PRO.  I expect
that this problem will be resolved reasonably quickly, so that we'll be able
to build another important improvement into the release candidate.

Thanks for your patience.