[duxhelp] Re: Search & Replace revisited

  • To: <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 13:46:17 +0100

Peter,

This does bring up another point for a possible future
feature.

The ability to attach "XXX Importer" parameters to a
Template - and perhaps even have the option to edit those
parameters during import.

For example, there are times when one specifically wishes to
preserve skipped lines when importing a Word file.  Courier
to CBC is another which catches people out.

And thinking aloud, it would be good to have a "Show my
Import Parameters" check box option.

Sullivan
> Sent: 27 April 2005 13:32
> To: duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [duxhelp] Re: Search & Replace revisited
>
> Rick,
>
> Do you mean to be able to enable/disable these options
during
> import, during editing, or during translation?

> From: duxhelp-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Roderick,
> Rick (OFB-LV)
> Sent: Wednesday, April 27, 2005 8:29 AM
> To: 'duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'
> Subject: [duxhelp] Re: Search & Replace revisited
>
> I have always taken the view that there should be an
> automatic CBC option for things like email addresses and
web
> pages.  I think it should be a check or uncheck option
under global.

> Another option I would add in a similar way is the
compacting
> of underscores to four hyphens as MegaDots does.  Again, I

> think these should both be checkable options, so that they

> could be turned off, if one desires.

> * as the subject to <duxhelp-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>. You
may also
> * subscribe, unsubscribe, and set vacation mode and other
subscription
> * options by visiting //www.freelists.org.  The list
archive
http://www.duxburysystems.com