[duxhelp] Search & Replace revisited

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 23:08:23 +0100

I suspect this is probably going to have to be a future
feature request, but here goes.

We regularly have to transcribe plain text documents with
large numbers of e-mail and web addresses.

Applying the compinline Style dozens and dozens of times is
a real time consuming pain.

Currently we can do series of Search & Replaces in DBT.

Look for ".uk "  and replace with ".uk[ee~compinline] "  -
(note the spaces following)
Look for "http:" and replace with [es~compinline]http:"
Look for "e-mail: " and replace with "e-mail:
[es~compinline]"

On the other hand, if it were possible to do a search for
say, "http" and/or "www", or "@", select the whole
word/string, and apply the compinline Style, it would save
us hours of work a month.

Perhaps the nature of our work is unusual, or perhaps there
is a better way of doing this within DBT itself.

I have potentially worked out a way to do this in Word with
a Macro, but.......

Does anyone else have this issue to deal with?