[duxhelp] Re: Request for input on DBT installation

  • From: "Jack Maartman" <jmaartman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 09:33:38 -0700

Hi Peter:

This clarifies a great deal.  I get the odd file from Europe, brailled in an
an alternate encoding, and have to do a complex set of  search and replaces,
if I want to read it in my notetaker.  I had hoped one could save a file in
a different encoding using DBT, without having to do this manually, or be
tied to a computer with a braille display. What worries me about all the
different braille computer tables, is the sharing of data across platforms.
It's a bit like having multiple charsets, and striving for some process like
unicode.

Jack