[duxhelp] Problem with 4X4 pro (continued)

  • From: "Yves DUNAND" <ydunand@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 11:43:52 +0100

Hello all,

I went through a series of e-mails concerning problems with 4X4 pro
embossers and I understand that David Holaday is about to make some changes
in the emb.elt file to fix them. Hoping this will help, heres my feedback on
what we have observed since installing 10.6.

Whilst we had no problem embossing with 10.5 using 12_n for A4 paper, with
30 characters per line AND 27 lines per page, we have observed that the
corresponding 12_n form no longer exists in the new emb.elt file. Instead,
we have to use
Form "A4_folio", where the parameters don't appear to be correct. They read

Form "A4_folio" = 83 x 117; DoublePage ; 22 x 20 ; 20 x 20

instead of what we had with 10.5 which was

Form "12_n" = 85 x 120 ; SinglePage ; 34 x 30 ; 32 x 28

or

Form "12_w" = 115 x 120 ; SinglePage ; 42 x 30 ; 40 x 28

Could the 12_n (and maybe the 12_w also) form be restored with the right
parameters in order to ensure compatibility with 10.5 ? Or could the
parameters for "A4_folio" be corrected to get back to what we had with the
equivalent paper size ?

Besides, I don't know if there is any connexion between the two problems,
but with 10.6, when we use the same template based on a format of 30
characters and 27 lines on all our computers, we systematically get a
message saying :

Ce document formaté pour papier de taille " 12_n ", sur une embosseuse non
définie (" Embosseuse par défaut ").

Corriger ceci dans la boîte de dialogue " configuration de l'embosseuse " du
menu " Document " ; vous devez choisir une embosseuse et une taille de
papier d'au moins 27 lignes et 30 caractère pour éviter le reformatage du
document.

(see screenshot in attachment). this mesage is misleading because it
suggests that the document is ill-formated, which is not correct, so it
should be either removed or modified as a warning rather than an error
message.

Best regards

Yves