[duxhelp] Re: Not able to ge desired lines per braille page.

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 17:13:15 +0100

Hi David,

When a double-sided Index is sent more than it can
emboss on a page, it will essentially revert to
what appears to be single-sided.

The embosser MUST see the end of page BEFORE it
reaches its own internal end of setting.

Of David Holladay
> Sent: 16 August 2004 17:48
> To: duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [duxhelp] Re: Not able to ge desired
lines per braille page.

> Dave:
>
> Please tell me what kind of output you are
getting. Then I
> can figure out how to help you.
>
> -- David Holladay
>

> At 11:26 AM 8/16/2004 -0400, you wrote:
> >I own three Index Basic-D braille embossers.
Firmware version II,
> >software version 4.40 installed.
> >
> >Since the beginning of the Beta Cycle for the
release of DBT 10.5, I
> >have been trying to understand why I cannot
emboss the
> desired number
> >of lines per page from the embosser when using
DBT 10.5.

> >Following are the settings that I set in the
Basic-D:

> >Group Page Layout Menu
> >
> >Characters Per Line: 30
> >
> >Left Margin: 0
> >
> >B Margin: 0  (This is actually Binding Margin).
> >
> >Top Margin: 1
> >
> >Bottom Margin: 0
> >
> >Line Spacing: 5.2  (At this setting, with the
top margin set
> to 1, the
> >embosser can emboss 25 lines per page.  With a
top margin of 0, the
> >embosser can emboss 26 lines per page but the
embosser
> starts embossing
> >approximately 1 quarter of an inch from the top
of the page,
> which is
> >too near the top of the page.
> >
> >Page Mode: Double-Sided
> >
> >Print Mode: Normal
> >
> >page number: off
> >
> >Paper Length 1: 11 inches
> >
> >Paper Length 2: 11 inches
> >
> >Z-folding: Off
> >
> >Group Option Settings
> >
> >Word Wrap: Off
> >
> >Auto Line Feed: Off
> >
> >Form-Feed: Off
> >
> >Impact Level: 4
> >
> >Delay Time: 4
> >
> >Print Quality: Normal
> >
> >Graphic Dot Distance: 2.0
> >
> >Text Dot Distance: Normal Pring-out Mode 2.5
> >
> >Setup: Open
> >
> >Paper Jam: On
> >
> >Distance After File: 1
> >
> >DBT 10.5 Settings:
> >
> >Global Embosser Settings:
> >
> >Braiiller Device: Basic-D
> >
> >Under Brailler Device Edit Button:
> >
> >General Tab Page:
> >
> >Embosser Model: Index Basic-D
> >
> >Setup Name: Basic-D
> >
> >Default Form:  Narrow Width, 11 inch long,
braille paper

> >Output Options: Write to port
> >
> >Output to LPT1
> >
> >Device Settings Tab Page
> >
> >Embosser Version: Firmware Version II
> >
> >Left margin (extra cells): 0
> >
> >Rightmost cell placement: 30
> >
> >Top Margin setting: 1
> >
> >Interpoint embossing is enabled: checked
> >
> >Output encoding: North American
> >
> >High Punctuation: Uppercase
> >
> >Letter case: Lowercase
> >
> >Advanced Tab Page
> >
> >Job setup, use custom job setup: unchecked
> >
> >End of line indicator: Carriage Return, line
feed (PC)

> >End of page indicator: Form Feed Only
> >
> >EOL on a full line: Checked
> >
> >The last four buttons on this page are
unchecked

> >Returning to the Global Embosser Setup Page
> >
> >Braille formatting form: Narrow width, 11 inch
long, braille paper

> >Desired formatting:
> >
> >Characters per line: 30
> >
> >Lines per page: 25
> >
> >Top Margin: 1
> >
> >Binding Margin: 0
> >
> >Emboss in interpoint: Checked
> >
> >Emboss Banner page: unchecked
> >
> >When I emboss a file with the above settings, I
do not get a braille
> >file with 25 lines embossed on each side of the
page as I
> would expect.
> >However, If I set the number of lines in DBT to
24, I get a braille
> >output that has 24 lines of braille on each
side of the
> sheet of paper.
> >
> >Please advise me as to how I can get 25 lines
on each side
> of a sheet
> >of paper, using the above settings.
> >
> >I have run out of ideas.
> >
> >Personally speaking, all of the embosser
information should not be
> >contained in one embosser such as "emb.elt".
It would be a far more
> >sensible and logical, not only to say, more
efficient for
> operating and
> >troubleshooting reasons to have DBT create an
individual
> file for each
> >embosser that is installed.
> >
> >Sincerely:
> >
> >Dave Durber
> >
> >* * *
> >* This message is via list duxhelp at
freelists.org.
<duxhelp-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>. You may also
> >* subscribe, unsubscribe, and set vacation mode
and other
> subscription
> >* options by visiting http://www.freelists.org.
The list archive