[duxhelp] Re: News about some embossers, Elekul 55, Braillo 440 and Index 4x4

  • From: David Holladay <david@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 11:47:44 -0500

Amir:

Obviously you do not need to be located in or near Westford, Massachusetts to be very, very helpful for the beta test.

My understanding is that the current firmware for the Index embossers is version 11 (possibly 11.1.1). I have heard that the formatting glitch in version 10 firmware has been fixed. I would like that to be confirmed.

The experiment we need is just to produce output with 25 lines per page on the 4x4. The length of each line does not matter.

If you have difficulty, (i.e. the format is not as expected), try again with 23 lines per page. If you can get good output on 23 lines per page but not 25 lines, that would show that the glitch is not fixed. If you can get 25 lines per page, then it looks like version 11 software is doing well.

Now, George Bell, be patient. I understand your concerns. You always warn that no one should change their software in their embosser without first talking with their dealer. I agree that some versions of software my be a mistake to install depending on the exact repair history of an embosser. Some versions of firmware can damage equipment. At no point is Duxbury Systems recommending anyone change their embosser firmware without consulting their embosser dealer.

(back to addressing Amir) Amir, I know we did some work a few weeks ago on the Puma. I hope that the beta works fine on the Puma. We await your response.

-- David Holladay

At 04:07 PM 4/14/2006, you wrote:
Hello David,

On Saturday I'll give the 4X4 embosser to which I have access a try to see if I can duplicate it. Though this may not be related to what you talked about, I'm planning to test this beta release on Brailletec Puma 6. I had no luck embossing with it using DBT Win 10.5 SR2.

Best,
Amir

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Holladay" <david@xxxxxxxxxx>