[duxhelp] Re: News about some embossers, Elekul 55, Braillo 440 and Index 4x4

  • From: David Holladay <david@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 13:26:28 -0400

Thank you for your information. We have been privately (off list) in contact with Annemarie, the daughter of Interpoint Elekul developer Professor François. She did report a problem with multiple copies. We determined the fault was the way DBT created files for folio output. DBT failed to pad enough form feeds in some situations. Her discovery led me to look carefully at all three embossers that produce folio (magazine, or double sized) output.

We sent her a special patch, and she reported that this fixed the problem. As I understand it, she asked Peter for one more change, which I produced and e-mailed just before the weekend.

The code changes we made for the Elekul (and other embossers) is now built into the beta 6.

At this point, I am looking forward to hearing from Annemarie to find out if the latest changes solve all of her issues. At this point, I am unaware of any issues she has which we have not addressed.

For the record, I am also desiring to hear if the latest Tiger embossers with ink attachments work with DBT, and I am also desiring to hear if Index 4x4 units properly support 25 line output.

And, a late breaking report that there is an error in the emb.elt table relating to the TED-600 (a very, very old embosser model). It produces 26 lines per page instead of the 25 lines I put in the table. This error will be fixed in the next round.

-- David Holladay

At 12:27 PM 4/19/2006, you wrote:
Hello David,

Indead, Elekul55 (recto-verso) can print recto or verso only, recto-verso and folio. Elekul55 need DOS (print55) to printing. There is a problem: when printing with DBT under DBT, only a printing copy is not a problem. When asking multiple copy, printing is not possible (DOS memory problem ?). I need to save the file as US BRF and leave DBT, run print55 as DOS only programm. And folio is another problem! Daughter's Professor François working now for software Elekul problems. I see her last days. Contact her, I promissed my help.

Philippe van den Brande
Belgium

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Holladay" <david@xxxxxxxxxx>