[duxhelp] New File

  • To: "Duxhelp (E-mail)" <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 10:00:14 +0100

Hi all,

Having had two or three calls so far, I should stress again that the file I
sent out yesterday is NOT actually a text file.

So please DO NOT try to open it in a text editor like Word.  It MUST be renamed
to "helpfile.chm" and be in your Duxbury programs folder - having renamed the
original file.

The reason for this is that Outlook 2000 for example, with it's latest security
updates applied, actually BLOCKS certain file attachments with extensions such
as .exe as well as .chm.  The file will download, but Outlook doesn't let you
get at the file!!

You can sometimes get round this problem using a program like OSP, or even by
hacking into the Windows Registry, but these are options which I'm sure you
would rather avoid.

Meantime, I hope the renaming process won't complicate things too much for you.

If you are still having difficulties with the above, or other issues, drop me a
line with your telephone number, and I'll try to call you.  (Remember that I'm
on British Summer Time!)

George Bell
Techno-Vision Systems Ltd