[duxhelp] Re: More British Braille issues.

  • From: "Peter Sullivan" <peter@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 13:21:15 -0400

David,

By abbreviations, I assume you mean acronyms.

The SWIFT utility (an add-in to Word) is made to handle these in a
pre-processing pass.

To do the job without SWIFT, you should make sure that such text is put in
the <acronym> style.  For a few acronyms in long documents, this is easily
done with search/replace.  But I do understand that the job becomes more
burdensome as the number of different acronyms relative to the whole
document size starts to increase.

Best Regards,

Peter