[duxhelp] Mathtype missing item

  • From: "David Spybey" <dspybey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 12:45:31 -0000

I have been testing the use of MathType in British Braille. My initial reaction
if very positive with a big WELL DONE to the software writers!

However I am attaching a file which is causing problems because one particular
MathType equation gets missed out. It occurs initially in part ii of the
attached. It is consistently missed out wherever it occurs later in the
question!

Other general issues are:
1. In British Mathematics if an expression starts on one line but goes on to
the next as well a dot 5 is placed at the end of the first line, tagged on to
the last braille item.
2. In a  fraction it is not necessary to add the additional brackets around
either the numerator or demominator if it is only one term (ie if there is no
space in the expression)

Most of the other issues I have spotted lie around the use of letter signs and
I need to investigate a little more, and check my understanding of the British
Braille code!

I would like to add that the ability to deal directly with expressions in
MathType in Word is a big step forward in making the software easier to use and
more functional. Thank you for tackling this issue.

David Spybey