[duxhelp] Re: Margin Bell

  • From: "Peter Sullivan" <peter@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 10:57:00 -0400

George,

Starting with beta 5, the default tone should come through the sound card,
not the PC speaker.  And, at least on my computer, it does.

If you (or anybody) knows of a good "ding" sound that is redistributable, we
can package that into DBT.  We can even pay for it, provided there's not
royalty arrangement.  (There's no way we're getting into a royalty agreement
for a ding sound.)  My own searches didn't turn up any appropriate sounds,
so we're using a sine wave tone generated in code at runtime.

One thing that you forgot in your explanation is that any non-zero number is
interpreted as a count of cells from the right margin at which to sound the
margin bell.  Thus, the larger the number the sooner the bell sounds.