[duxhelp] Re: Line breaks in word files

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 15:07:33 +0100

Hi Michael,

You have number of possible line break solutions here.  I'll
detail two.

1)  Put the line breaks in Word, but before you import the
file, go to DBT's Global, Word Importer dialog and check
"Preserve skipped lines".  Of course this will affect ALL
imported Word documents.

Alternatively,

2)  Use the code [[*sk1*]]  (Skip # number of lines)

As regards [[*odd*]] Codes, don't worry.  One of the
(currently) nice things about this feature is that it indeed
does NOT affect embossing and such like.

That said, in a future incarnation of DBT, I would very much
like to see a Code/Style parser/validator.  But as you can
see, I'm whispering, otherwise Peter will be after me with a
big stick!  (Smile)