[duxhelp] Re: License info not picked up

  • From: "Peter Sullivan" <peter@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 03:42:00 -0400

Jack,

That is one valuable approach.

It is also possible, with DBT 10.5, to burn a copy of the license file onto
a CD-ROM right alongside the installer.  The installer looks there if it
doesn't find a license in the destination directory.

I'm not sure whether this is possible with 10.6.  (I really should know,
because I did the coding related to license number searches in the
installer.)  But, in any case, it is possible to package the license text
within the installer itself.  Set a property called DXWST_LICENSE_TEXT to
the value of the license text.  Those familiar with MSI file modifications
will know how to do this already.  Generally, I suppose that this is of
interest only where a large number of installations are to be performed.