[duxhelp] Re: Installer question: Sheriff Tools?

  • From: "Peter Sullivan" <peter@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 16:13:13 -0500

"Sheriff Tools" may be useful for non-networked installations.

The tools allow you to monitor activation usage.  They also allow you to
activate or deactivate DBT without using the built-in activation wizard.
We've not found that this is of general interest.  But our technical support
staff has had to walk people through use of the tools before.

If your computer is activated itself, for itself only, you may find the
tools useful.

If you have a server (or "master workstation" as described on the beta page)
you may find the tools useful.

The only type of computer with DBT installed where the tools will almost
certainly not be of use is a workstation that is not itself activated, but
verifies activation by contacting a server or master workstation.

The tools should never be necessary, in any case.