[duxhelp] Install of DBT on Windows 98 SE

  • From: "Mark Mercer" <markm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 09:30:14 -0400

Hi All,

I installed DBT Beta 3 on Windows 98 SE and encountered the following:

I selected an embosser at install time and the following information "Note"
dialog appeared while installing:

"The printer information from the configuration file is invalid. Using system
default Settings."

Upon pressing enter the following information "Note" dialog appeared:

"Can't find settings file, or file found is an incompatible version.  Using
default templates and global settings.  This is normal for new installations."

The Embosser selected at installation was lost in the process.  I did not get
these messages when installing on Windows 2000 Professional or XP Home.  The
second message could be from a fresh install.

FYI to all:

I am able to remove embossers from the Global, Embosser Setup window.  But to
Accept with "OK", you must re-select an installed embosser within the Brailler
Device: list.

Best Regards,