[duxhelp] Re: Index 4x4 pro

  • From: David Holladay <david@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 16:01:38 -0400

Hello David:

I have gone through my e-mail records. On September 8, 2005, I sent an e-mail to Index in Sweden with several attached files. The key point was:

We get good output for 23 lines of text per page on 11x17 inch page. We cannot get more lines.

After some back and forth, I got an e-mail from Index. The key line is:

Hi David, I have made a BUG report to our firmware developer ( BUG ID # 368).

What you are reporting to me is exactly what I would expect from an Index 4x4 running DBT 10.6 with firmware just like the firmware I worked with in September 2005.

I am not claiming that I have proof that that is the problem. But please take my information and **responsibly** update the firmware of your unit. I add the term responsibly because there have been reports of problems caused by inserting firmware into an Index that was not recommended. Work with the company that sold you your embosser to make sure that the firmware (a) is recommended for your model and date of manufacture and (b) has eliminated BUG ID #368.

If you have done that and are still having problems, I will do my best to work things out.

P.S. When I was visiting Sighted Electronics in NJ, USA (who were very, very helpful to me). The same Index 4x4 which did not make enough lines through Duxbury did plenty of lines when working with Winbraille. So the fact that WinBraille could make 25 or more lines per page does not in any way disprove the existence of BUG ID# 368.

At 03:38 PM 1/29/2007, you wrote:

I was using 10.6.

I managed to get full A4 page printing when going through WinBraille for text but I would like to be able to use Duxbury as well as I can then deal with Mathematics as well.

David Spybey