[duxhelp] Re: Helpfile - Entering Codes & Setting Tabs

  • From: "George Bell" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Duxhelp (E-mail)" <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 11:04:56 +0100

Hi Derek,

I hope you don't mind me replying via the duxhelp list, but as others have
asked much the same questions, it will allow me to be lazy - especially on a
Friday!  (Smile)

> Would it be a good idea to have a section about how to enter codes?

My goodness - how did I miss that!  A new section is being added under Codes:
Code Basics.  Many thanks for bringing this to my attention.

> Progress Report: It is nice to be kept in touch and appreciated.

Thanks, and further to that, I now have the new Beta Version of RoboHelp, and
have produced my very first DBT Word Manual from the Help files.  Personally
speaking, I am VERY excited.  Right now I have just produced ONE single file
for overall checking purposes, but it's looking good to me - so far!

I am also quite impressed with eHelp corporation so far.  They have even
modified the Beta at my specific request to make Style handling easier.

> The 2 columns idea sounds good as the DBT CODES QUICK REFERENCE is very
> daunting especially for someone who is not particularly experienced.

This particular file is indeed a daunting one.  Its real purpose is simply as a
"Reference Document", for example, when you see a code in a document, and you
don't know what it does.

> I had a look at it and went "NO WAY". I like to know more about how to use
> Duxbury but this is ridiculous!

As I said, it's a reference document, but I would like to hear from more
experienced HTML file users if they have serious problems navigating with those
buttons.  I really can't see an easier way of providing a link to the
simplified explanations.

> One comment about entering tabs. [stbS:A:P] the P as in position, is this
> before or after translation?

It is the position on the translated Braille page.

I have amended the Topic about setting Tabs to read,

"What does it do?

Sets a numbered Tab Stop, Aligned in a particular way, at a specific Position
on the braille page."

I hope this answers everyone's questions, but feel free to keep them coming.

Hope you all have a great weekend.

George Bell
Techno-Vision Systems Ltd