[duxhelp] Re: Guide Words

  • From: Susan <chrn3292@xxxxxxx>
  • To: duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 13:35:07 -0600

All is fine with this feature, it was merely a matter of not duplicating
the word ... one in the file, and one in the style to create the guideword.

I've sent a sample file to Jan for her reference.

Susan

Peter Sullivan wrote on 3/1/2005, 12:23 PM:

Jan,

Susan Christensen will have to answer about her intent. She designed the
BANA template.

But to me, it *looks* as though it is something that Susan was forced
into doing, due to a limitation in DBT. For table of content entries, it
is possible to design a style that marks text for the TOC, and it is
further possible to do so while either retaining or removing the word(s)
from the document body. However, DBT doesn't really support the option
of retaining marked guideword text in the body of a document. So it's
probable that you'll have to duplicate the words that you mark as
guidewords.