[duxhelp] Re: Finding and replacing styles

  • From: "Peter Sullivan" <peter@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 12:39:18 -0400

Michael,

We may be able to help you out quite a bit without changing the software.

Barring a new importer option, which is unlikely to be introduced now for
inclusion in DBT 10.6, what you do want to do is "Join Styles" and then
remove a single pair of style tags.  Mike already gave you an explanation of
why this isn't working in your document, but I don't think he mentioned what
you can do about it.  Try this:

1. Push Control-Home to position the cursor at the first printable character
in the document -- within the first opening linear style tag.
2. Push Control-End to move to the end of the document.
3. Choose Layout, Join Styles.

After this, push Control-Home again, switch to coded view (Alt-F3) if you're
not already there, use the arrow keys to move just to the right of the
opening style tag, and push Backspace.  You should now have a document with
no linear style tags, but at least a [l] code between each paragraph.

The process no doubt sounds a bit cumbersome.  However, it should be pretty
quick once you've waded through the instructions and actually tried it.

Please let me know how that works for you.  I'd like to offer you a better
solution, but that will take more time than I presume to have in this beta
cycle.