[duxhelp] FW: Re: First braille line after print page indicator is indented two cells in .brf files

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 01:19:55 +0100

Hi J.R.  (And sorry for the attachments being
added here, but I'm copying this to Peter & Joe)

And sorry also  re my earlier message, but I found
I needed to look at this before I slept.  So I
could still be wrong in what I believe I have
found.

Unfortunately you didn't attach the Word file, so
this is much of a guess.

Basically,  it appears that there is a Style in
the original document called "B-BodyText".

This is a Custom Style, and not mapped in the MWS
file.  So, it gets brought into DBT - as is - so
to speak.

If you change that Style to "para.", you don't get
the indent.  Obviously DBT's inner workings
recognise the [lea] code within the "para." Style,
and so deal with it as you would expect.

As to a solution, and again without the original
file I'm largely guessing, but could you perhaps
try:-

1)  Mapping "B-BodyText" to "para" in your MWS
file, or....

2)  Use SWIFT to do the mapping of Custom Styles
for you.

I have to confess that I am a shade worried about
Custom Word Styles coming into DBT in this way.
In some ways it is good, and personally as a,
"Styles Man" I really like it.  However, I suspect
it may cause some confusion unless SWIFT is used
properly.

All the best,

George.