[duxhelp] Re: Express 150 test

  • From: "Don Breda" <support@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 08 May 2006 16:18:51 -0400

Hi Peter.

This problem she is having with regard to the speaking of the escape codes as
settings we send to the embosser happens with the braille express enabling
embossers only as far as I know and has been this way for a long long time.

In talking with enabling about this though it was my understanding that they
felt it was really their problem and probably maybe a bug in that line of
firmware
since none of the other embossers with speech seen to have this problem.

I thought your solution was a good one for a work around but well if that too
doesn't work, then I feel it confirms more and more that it is deffinately a
bug in
the firmware.

I guess I post this to say
1. don't loose sleep over this.

2. to make sure it is known that this is not a problem due to Duxbury being a
beta version.

Don
On Mon, 8 May 2006 15:58:34 -0400, Peter Sullivan wrote:

>Lissa,

>You and I encountered this before, while I was on-site at NBP about a year
>ago.

>sequence of escape codes for Enabling embossers.  The way we're using Escape
>X is supposed to disable ET Speaks (verbalization of settings) for the
>duration of the print job.

>Apparently, this isn't working for you.  I suppose that one of two things is
>going on:

>1. DBT isn't using Escape X, or isn't using it properly, in your print job,
>or
>2. Your Express 150 doesn't support Escape X.

>Can you tell me the firmware version of the Express 150?

>And would you please try changing your embosser configuration to
>emboss-to-file, re-embossing this document, then sending me the file that is
>created?  I'd like to see a copy of the data DBT is sending to the Express
>150.

>- Peter

Duxbury Systems, Inc.
270 Littleton Road, #6; Westford, MA 01886-3523 USA
TEL: + 978-692-3000 FAX: + 978-692-7912
Technical support telephone: (978) 923-0206
Email (general): info@xxxxxxxxxx
Email (Tech support) support@xxxxxxxxxx
Email (orders) orders@xxxxxxxxxx
Web site: http://www.DuxburySystems.com
Duxbury Systems, the first name in software for Braille - since 1975.