[duxhelp] Re: Embosser setup woes

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 22:57:08 -0000

Hi Joanie,

I work with a huge number of users who just want to produce
braille.  (Well there's a surprise!)

Many just want to produce braille on 2 sizes of paper from
the same embosser.

Or perhaps they have 2 or more embossers with different
sizes (usually widths) of paper.

So, what they want is, in your words, is to "quickly select
the embosser I do need, knowing that the paper width,
characters per line, lines per page, etc. are already set up
the way I want them."

I do NOT want to have to teach them how to set up new
Templates within hours or days of installing what is
effectively in many cases, completely new software.

Or to give you another analogy.  You can set up some
embossers like Index for example, with Setting A, B.  Each
can be for a different size of paper.

But I DO NOT want to have to go to the embosser to select my
paper size.  I want to do it via DBT.