[duxhelp] Re: DBT 10.6 SR1 Release Candidate 3 is ready

  • From: "Peter Sullivan" <peter@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2007 10:56:19 -0400

George,

Well, I don't have the notes handy, so I don't know whether the description
of the exception in fact appears in them, but here's the deal: slsService
doesn't appear to be compatible with Vista. *So*, you cannot share an
activation for one or more users *from* Vista. In other words, to share
activations among network users, you have to have at least one non-Vista
machine in the mix, and slsService should be installed on that.  Vista works
fine as a client of the shared activation -- just not as the server.

There are other funny things with Vista, as you know.  Notably, it is
important to "Run as Administrator" if you plan to activate or deactivate
DBT or to add, remove, or modify an embosser definition that is shared "for
all users of this computer".  But these aren't really compatibility problems
-- just little bumps in the road that new users should know about.

Date: 02/02/2007 23:39

Date: 02/02/2007 23:39