[duxhelp] Re: DBT 10.5 Service Pack 1 is available for pre-release testing

  • From: "Peter Sullivan" <peter@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 14:27:12 -0500

Sean,

No, nothing is screwed up.

However, NETINST.EXE on your system is still the old NETINST.  So running it
won't do your users any good.

Here's a DBT secret: NETINST.EXE is really just SETUP.EXE renamed.  Knowing
this, there are two ways that you can set things right:
  1. Download and run the "full installer" for DBT 10.5 with SP1.  This will
create the proper NETINST.EXE.
  2. Download the "full installer".  Rename it NETINST.EXE and copy it into
the NETTOOLS subdirectory of your installation.
The result should be exactly the same regardless of which way you go.

Now, to get back to the patch page, here's a trick:
  2. When the web page comes up, it will tell you nothing is available.
Observe that the URL ends with "PatchLevel=1".
  3. Change "PatchLevel=1" to "PatchLevel=0" in the URL and go to this new
modified URL.  (In IE, this means just hit Enter.)
You'll be back in business.

There is absolutely no harm in applying the service pack -- in either form
(full or patch) -- multiple times.