[duxhelp] DBT 10.5 Service Pack 1 is available for pre-release testing

  • From: "Peter Sullivan" <peter@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 21:48:15 -0500

Beta Testers,

We're gearing up for release of the first Service Pack for DBT 10.5.  I've
made it available to all of you, for pre-release testing.  From DBT 10.5,
just go to the Help menu and select Check for Updates.  When you've reached
the web page, it is important to quit DBT before running the Service Pack
setup program.  If you forget to do this, then a reboot will be required
after you install the Service Pack.

Also, the Service Pack won't install properly if you've installed any DBT
10.5 version (e.g. a pre-release) since you last installed the released
version.  If necessary, please (re)install the released version of DBT 10.5
before installing the Service Pack.  The released version of DBT 10.5 can be
downloaded from http://www.duxburysystems.com/downloads/dbt_10.5/setup.exe

Those of you running multi-user licenses should be careful to follow the
directions on the web page.  In order that JAWS scripts may be deployed to
individual machines, it is important that you run the full installer, not
the "patch."  After this, individual users should run "NETINST" again, to
get the latest JAWS scripts.

We're interested in this test cycle principally in the embosser driving.
Those of you who make or sell embossers should be hearing from David shortly
with some requests to try the software.  If any of you have a problem with
an embosser, please let me know as soon as possible.

Thank you!