[duxhelp] Re: DBT 10.5 SR2 is ready for beta testing

  • From: "Jack Maartman" <jmaartman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 14:30:40 -0800

Congratulations Peter:

What a lot you've done.  I have found a convenient way to make a braille
lite emulate an embosser, and I can customize an embosser set-up to send a
file to a braille lite, by using some sort of Apple style configuration.
While I doubt this will be of much help to anyone, one never knows.

My machine is going in for it's anual cleaning, but I am looking forward to
test-driving the beta, when it get's out of hospital.

Maybe by then I can start changing bugs, but there won't be any will there?
<grin>

Take care and thanks.  I have some Somali and Indonesian files to test, and
as Indonesian is close to Malay, comparing the codes will be a delight.  I
already have, incidentally a trilingual manual to teach Swahili, with
explanatory matter in  English and French. This is in preparation, using all
three tables, with of course UEB as the default English.

My congratulations to Joe on the German tables.

Jack