[duxhelp] Re: DBT 10.5 Beta 4 is ready

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 17:25:31 +0100

Hi Peter,

Leave the goldfish bowl, turn right, end of wall,
gizmo on table invented after the telex machine -
2 pages from British Braille, 1 from UK Braille
Primer.

I suspect confusion is due to confusion over
letters in parenthesis and whether or not a letter
sign is required.  The Braille Primer says letter
signs should be used for ALL reference letters and
Roman Numerals.

Of Peter Sullivan
> Sent: 09 July 2004 16:53
> To: duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [duxhelp] Re: DBT 10.5 Beta 4 is ready
>
> David,
>
> Sometimes we need a few reminders.
>
> Are the parentheses as shown in your message a
necessary
> context cue that a letter sign is required?  Or
are they
> merely customary?  (Others here presumably know
the answer to
> this, but most of our braille experts are out
today; for my
> part, I know much more about programming than
about braille.)

Of David Spybey
> Sent: Friday, July 09, 2004 10:45 AM
> To: duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [duxhelp] Re: DBT 10.5 Beta 4 is ready
>
> The same problem exists in the latest beta
version that roman
> numerals are not indicated with a letter sign
except for (i)
> and (v) when they are listed as question
numbers. (ii) (iii)
> and (iv) do not get letter signs.
> This is in British no capitals
>
> David Spybey
> * * * * This message is via list duxhelp at
freelists.org. *
> To unsubscribe, send a blank message with *
unsubscribe * as
> the subject to . You may also * subscribe,
unsubscribe, and
> set vacation mode and other subscription *
options by
> visiting http://www.freelists.org. The list
archive * is also

<duxhelp-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>. You may also