[duxhelp] Re: DBT 10.5

  • From: Christine Simpson <simpsonc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2004 22:15:05 +1000

Ian,

it is there once only.

Thanks for the suggestion. After Build 3 it was there twice but I dealt with that. However, despite my dealing with it I still could not get it to work properly and was hoping for better with build 4.

Thanks

Christine

At 08:55 PM 7/9/04, you wrote:
Hi Christine,

I'm not George, but could you check Word's menu bar and make sure that DBT
only shows up once.  If it shows up twice, then there must be 2 versions of
the SWIFT template installed.

Cheers.

Ian

> Hi All, > > I have today downloaded 10.5 (build 4) and am very pleased to see that many > of the problems experienced with earlier builds have now been corrected. > > As I was complaining loudly about the faults in the find and replace, the > searching for bullets, the way braille was displayed on the braille display > and the compinline codes, they have been some of the first things I have > tried out and: so far so good, I now cannot fault them but will keep > testing (just in case those gremlins find their way back in)! > > However, George, I am still finding that when in Word and when trying to > use the SWIFT program to open for editing a file in DBT, it still > always opens version 10.4. Do I have to do anything special or is this > still just a bug to be fixed. > > By the way, I read with interest your help notes descriptions of codes and > styles which you posted to the dux-user list yesterday. I thought you did > a good job (particularly once you added the postscript about nested styles) > in explaining concepts which some people seem to find extremely difficult > to grasp. Fortunately, I have never been one of those people. I am a firm > believer in using styles and believe I have a good understanding of their > purpose. It is great to be able to so easily set up specific styles for > specific tasks. > > Keep up your good work with the help documentation. and I hope you can > offer a solution to correct the SWIFT problem. > > Regards and thanks > > Christine > > > > > * * * * * > Christine Simpson > Information Alternatives > Accessing The Information You Need > 18 Prosper Parade > Glen Iris VIC 3146 > AUSTRALIA > Tel: 61 3 9889 0392 > Mob: 0418 331 506 > Fax: 61 3 9889 6286 > Email: simpsonc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx > > > * * * > * This message is via list duxhelp at freelists.org. > * To unsubscribe, send a blank message with > * unsubscribe > * as the subject to <duxhelp-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>. You may also > * subscribe, unsubscribe, and set vacation mode and other subscription > * options by visiting //www.freelists.org. The list archive > * is also located there. > * Duxbury Systems' web site is http://www.duxburysystems.com > * * * >

* * * * This message is via list duxhelp at freelists.org. * To unsubscribe, send a blank message with * unsubscribe * as the subject to <duxhelp-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>. You may also * subscribe, unsubscribe, and set vacation mode and other subscription * options by visiting //www.freelists.org. The list archive * is also located there. * Duxbury Systems' web site is http://www.duxburysystems.com * * *

* * * * *