[duxhelp] Re: Compinline codes

  • From: Susan <chrn3292@xxxxxxx>
  • To: duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 09:49:09 -0500

DBT is honoring the Word Hyperlink style, which is underlined (but as
Christine has said, you don't want the dots 4-6 in braille).

You can modify Word's Hyperlink by removing the underlining. You can
also change the font to Courier New (if you have your Word importer set
up that way), but in reality DBT doesn't even need that for the
Hyperlink style. If you want the Word Hyperlink style to be permanently
changed for all future documents, make sure you check "Add to template"
after you are done modifying Hyperlink.

Susan

Christine Simpson wrote on 7/20/2004, 5:42 AM:

          Hi All,

I have been trying out the "compinline" code and believe that there still
may be an error with it.

Some weeks ago I raised the concern about how it was dealing with
text.  Peter and Jo gave this a lot of time and that problem seems to have
been solved.  However,  I note that when text which in word is formatted as
a hyperlink  is imported into DBT10.5, it is surrounded by the compinline
codes - and so it should be.  However, the problem is that the underlining
is being shown and so,  a web address which comes from word into DBT
comes as:

<compinline>[fts~u]www.duxburysystems.com[fte~u]</compinline>

and the web address appears in computer code brackets with dots 4-6
(between the opening code and the first w) to indicate the underlined text.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Many thanks

Christine