[duxhelp] Re: British code and roman numerals

  • From: "Jack Maartman" <jmaartman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 15:52:19 -0800

I guess, my question, would be, how can I help here, when the issues would
naturally cluster around lay-out and embossing When I have no embosser and
am using a very rapidly degrading version of win98.

I am a bit confused about version history, probably found on the site. I
can't remember whether the earliest version of DBT I got was 10.4 or 10.5.
Was it 10.5 that didn't allow for multiple embossers.

Can I copy over a template from the last beta into this one and have it
recognized?

My "embosser" is a little strange but works optimally for me. Each line is
38 cells wide ending with a <cr> only and strips out form-feeds, as braille
page breaks have no relevance to me.  I can't remember all the steps I took
to create this. I'd have it internalized if I were embossing everyday.

I can use a notetaker as a simulated embosser, by simply dumping to a file,
however I don't see this to be very helpful, and the embosser would, I think
have to be generic.

Jack