[duxhelp] Re: British 1st of May and italics + CODE VALIDATION

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 19:30:15 +0100

David,

You have a good point here.

This has actually come up before in Word where a space can
and does have a character style attached to it.

Going by the attached, it looks like the problem may have
been resolved as far as the Word Importer is concerned.  You
will notice that the word "partly" on the second line has
italic spaces, where it does not in the previous line.

I agree that it seems illogical to have a space after the
fts, or before fte codes.

Can anyone comment to the contrary?

PETER - for the Database

In the next incarnation of DBT, I'd love to see a "Code
Validation" feature which in this example would come up and
say, "Hey, you've got a space before an Italics code -
Leave, or remove?