[duxhelp] Re: Brf files are not currently associated with Duxbury 10.6

  • From: Melissa Hirshson <lissa@xxxxxxx>
  • To: duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 17:49:27 -0500

Heh. Actually it's improved quite a bit.

But the point is, we don't need to edit .brf files, we only need them
for embossing or reading on a notetaker. We edit in dxb, emboss the brf.
So we have no need to ever double click a brf... we just open it in
Embossit :) or copyx :):) and then forget about it. It's kind of (no,
actually, exactly) like importing an ascii text document into Microsoft
Word: no matter how good Microsoft is, there's always going to be a
discrepancy, and therefore we can't use it this way without reading
every single line to make sure that nothing has been moved around. And
when we do 1000s of pages a week, that's just not possible.

So, in other words: *shameless plug* use Embossit! :)

Lissa

Warren Figueiredo wrote:
Lissa
When is the last time you tried importing a brf with "read formatted braille
without interpretation?" It has improved considerably (or it is that I
haven't discovered its quirks? Warren