[duxhelp] Re: Brf files are not currently associated with Duxbury 10.6

  • From: "Peter Sullivan" <peter@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 18:26:52 -0500

George,

Lissa is right.  If "Read formatted braille without interpretation" isn't
checked, then we attempt a "smart" BRF import.  Note that smart is in scare
quotes.  The results will reformat nicely when edited, but most often aren't
faithful to the original input.

If you do check that box, it's a global setting, so it will affect future
imports until you uncheck it.  Things are better then.  But braille can
still be lost to page clipping if you're not careful.

Is that explanation enough?