[duxhelp] Brf files

  • From: "Jacqui Loughrin" <JLoughrin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 13:44:04 +1200

Hi,
Thanks for allowing us access to the beta version of 10.6.

We are very pleased with the new features in 10.6, i.e. undo/redo,
autosave and change case. The margin bell position is a nice little
extra feature!

We also note that numbered lines and ref.pg.no. have both been fixed.

We wonder if you could clarify any issues there might be with regard to
.brf files.  All our braille files which have been produced using DBT
10.3 and 10.5 have also been archived as .brf files to ensure future
compatibility.  Can we be sure that these will open in 10.6 and retain
their original formatting? We read that 10.6 will no longer "recognise"
brf files but perhaps this just refers to the recognition of extensions
in Windows. We emboss archived files on a daily basis so this is quite
an important issue for us.

Thanks.

Jacqui Loughrin
Lee Fung