[duxhelp] Braillo 200

  • From: "Christian Coudert" <ch.coudert@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 18:33:10 +0100

Hello all!

I hope some of you -- mainly Peter and George -- will be able to help us.

In AVH we use a Braillo 200 with the following features:

* left margin: 0
* binding margin: 0
* The embosser is set as a Braillo 200 in DBT's list, with writing on a
Windows printer declared as a Generic text-only one.

1. On odd pages, all braille lines begin on cell #6 or #7. Therefore no
blank space is left on the right. On even pages, consecuently, all braille
lines begin at the very left side, in the holes of the paper strips.
We could change this mechanically, but if we use a paper with a greatest
width, it will no longer suit.

Our parameters are similar to those used in AVH LYON but there they do not
have this problem.

2. How is it possible to allow the following string appear on screen when a
file is being embossed:
"Embossing page #x / #y"..."

Thanks for any help.

All the best.