[duxhelp] Braille.dot - was: Congrats High Five

  • To: <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 11:25:47 +0100

Jan's message has prompted me to ask if everyone is finding that
"braille.dot" is actually being installed correctly?  I have an
uncomfortable feeling that many of you do not realise this, and what
it's all about.  Please check your systems as follows, and advise if you
do NOT have the template installed.

My understanding is that if you have the option checked during
installation, then "braille.dot" should be found in something like:-
c:\Documents and Settings\George\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates
where "George" is your own Username.  (You can always do a Search File
and Folders for "braille.dot" - any found in a dux*.* folder are not
what we are looking for)

On my XP Home system, it is NOT being installed, yet is fine on my XP
Professional system.  I am not getting any failure to install message on
XP Home either.  In both cases I am using Word 2003.

I guess you should be able to check your own systems by going into Word,
create a new document, but instead of accepting the default normal
Template, look for "braille" under the General tab in the Templates.

This is a really powerful Template for Word users who have to produce
BANA braille from Word files.

George Bell.