[duxhelp] Beta Testing

  • From: "hhms1@xxxxxxxx" <hhms1@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 02:34:05 GMT

This is John Hemphill with a couple of observations.

Regarding the display for the hard space, which now takes up only one space
now, instead of three. This works well with the codes turned off, but when the
codes are on and the hard space is used, it shifts the cursor position a couple
of spaces to the right and shows the cursor in the middle of a character
instead of before it. When you try to edit the document, you don't know where
the cursor is located.

I have also had a different problem on two different occasions. When I
translate a print file the braille document comes up with an unreadable screen
display. It shows braille dots, but they are greatly elnarged and all run
together. The translated line at the bottom is partially visible, and seems to
be correct. In order to continue I have to reboot.
This is not a font problem--displaying the ASCII characters. That I have no
problem with, since I use this format regularly when I need to
input in direct braille.
If I encounter this problem again, I will try to remember what I was doing just
before it happened to help find out what's going on.

Thank you so very much for using shading to set off the codes, instead of
displaying them in red. For us red-green colorblind users, this is a big
improvement. Now I can see the codes at a glance.

John Hemphill