[duxhelp] Beta Installation & XP SP2

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 17:38:13 +0100

Hi Peter,

You'll be delighted to know that Beta 4 installed
OK as a demo on to a virgin Windows XP
Professional system with the latest Release
candidate of Service Pack 2.

(Let me know if you want me to activate in any
particular way - I usually copy my license over,
and re-install, but that may not be the best for

It's also gone on to my XP Home laptop, though I
was confused by being told that it was
de-activating, since once installed, both Beta and
Autobuild appear to run OK.

I still don't know why on my XP Home laptop it
does not default check the SWIFT or BANA Template
option, nor if checked does it error, and nor does
it install those Templates into Word's structure.

W 2003 Server next as well as a netinst, so