[duxhelp] Re: Beta 8

  • From: "Peter Sullivan" <peter@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 12:10:15 -0400

George and Jack,

Mike appears to have just fixed the functioning of Autosave in Windows 98.
So the next beta shouldn't have that same problem.

The implementation in Windows 98 may -- perhaps once in every hundred years
-- work such that the autosave information is written but not found when
next running DBT after a power out.  To recover from this, you'd have to go
to the autosave directory and rename a file named autosave.new to
autosave.txt.  But if DBT has been running for more than a few minutes, it'd
likely be too late.

This situation really should be *very* rare.  And I doubt we'll ever try to
remedy it; Windows 98 has its limitations.