[duxhelp] Re: Beta 1 replace styles is brooken:

  • From: "Joanmarie Diggs" <joanmarie.diggs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 11:24:29 -0500

Yeah, that is one of those interface things that confused me when I first
saw it in 10.5.  If you use shift-control-, to insert the style name, you
don't check that checkbox.  However, if you don't use shift-control-, and
simply enter the style name, you do check that checkbox.  The fact that the
checkbox is redundant makes sense to me, but its handling of
manually-entered style names doesn't. So here's my proposal, for whatever
it's worth:

Keep the interface the way it is.  BUT:  If that checkbox is checked, take a
look to see if a style was manually entered with shift-control-, and if so,
don't do any further conversion to the style before executing the
find/replace.

Take care.
Joanie