[duxhelp] Re: Apply last style

  • From: Melissa Hirshson <lissa@xxxxxxx>
  • To: duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 19:58:42 -0500

Ah, I see, I think. It's a bit counterintuitive: I go to the menu and I see "apply style" and "apply last style," so I assumed that I could apply any style that was in the above style list (in this case, italics).

Is there any way to "quickly" turn highlighted text into italics in a dxp file? Thanks.

Lissa

Peter Sullivan wrote:
Lissa,

I don't find a problem here.  Shift-F8 works only for linear (aka paragraph)
styles.  And "last" means the style in the paragraph before this one -- not
whatever you most recently applied elsewhere in the document.  So it won't
work on the first paragraph of a document.

Does that help?  If not, please let me know specifically what you're
finding.