[duxhelp] 0x8004105C Authentication error

  • From: "Gates, Robert, A" <RGates@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 22:50:32 -0700

I have tried this with both Beta 6 and Beta 7.

I am getting the 0x8004105C error on my network install/shared
authentication installation.

1. I have tried installing Beta 6 and Beta 7 on the server.

2. Duxbury runs fine on the server with either version.

3. I "misexec /a" to get the deployment installation.

4. During the build I tried it both ways with the DNS name and IP
address.

5. During the build I make sure that the include embosser definitions
check box is unchecked to prevent a previous error that prevented the
client from installing at all.

6. Installation on the client is successful, but I always get the
0x8004105C Authentication error everytime I try to launch Duxbury.

Please find attached the latest install log from a Beta 6 install with
Beta 6 on the server.

Thanks,

Bob

 <<install.log>>

NOTICE: This e-mail (and any attachments) may contain PRIVILEGED OR
CONFIDENTIAL information and is intended only for the use of the specific
individual(s) to whom it is addressed.  It may contain information that is
privileged and confidential under state and federal law.  This information may
be used or disclosed only in accordance with law, and you may be subject to
penalties under law for improper use or further disclosure of the information
in this e-mail and its attachments. If you have received this e-mail in error,
please immediately notify the person named above by reply e-mail, and then
delete the original e-mail.  Thank you.