[durhamyp] DYP Group Conscience (2/17) Minutes

  • From: Timothy Shea <timothydshea@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <durhamyp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 23:36:47 -0500

Dear DYP group,

As GSR, I want to apologize for not preparing for the special group
conscience tonight.  There are materials in the GSR Kit and Service Manual
that help clarify the suggested duties of the secretary, treasurer, GSR,
literature representative, and grapevine representative, the specifics of
which I will type up in a legible format and circulate to the group before
the beginning of the next meeting.  I will also roughly outline and describe
the current positions as they were originally envisioned, so that all group
members will be aware of our current service structure.

As secretary, I am also circulating the minutes from the meeting held
tonight. Special reminder to Tatiana and Jennifer (business meeting format
and group inventory suggested questions).

I will do my best to read the service manual and bring it to the next
meeting so that we don't run into matters of ignorance again.  I realize
some of our members have a lot of experience with the service structure of
AA at and above the meeting or group level and others don't, so I will bring
the manual for reference during the next group conscience.

I love this meeting and the people that frequent it, and I have faith that
we will all do our best to carry the message to the alcoholic who still
suffers.

Easy does it,
Tim Shea
DYP GSR/Secretary