[dungeoncrawl] Re: The Sages of Reality

  • From: Johnathan Detrick <jdetrick@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dungeoncrawl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 13:59:55 -0400

Again, my comments are in blue.

jimkaren@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

   * Windevryl (Greater) - NG god of the sun, knowledge, history,
     culture, and the arts  (This is perfect.  I can't improve on it.)
   * Zolkiir (Intermediate) - NG god of discovery, invention,
     innovation, and learning  (Perfect again)
   * Celane (lesser) - N goddess of divination magic, portals, guards
     and wards  (I simply added what Jim had suggested for her in a
     previous e-mail.  I think it fits quite well.)

    I think these three are perfect as the Sages of Reality.  I removed
Saurotte from this group.  Any portfolio he was part of did not seem
appropriate for this group, and I had another idea of where to put him.
    My only concern with this group is that they are all good (except
Celane).  What about a deity that deals with the dark side of magic?
Perhaps one that deals with black, evil magic (which in most D&D worlds
tends to be necromancy, but I am thinking more of "black magic" in the
more dramatic sense), forbidden secrets, or the madness that could come
from too much magic?  I think that could be interesting.
    I should probably also mention that we wouldn't necessarily have to
fill all deity suggestions I bring up.  Some may be filled through
adventures at a later time.  However, if we can come up with something
that fits a character we have now, I say we go for it.