[dungeoncrawl] Re: My Characters

  • From: "widderslainte" <widderslainte@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dungeoncrawl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 09:22:36 -0400

Anacalagon sees death and necromancy as an art and science.  Death is
merely a tool to learn more about the soul and spirits.  He wouldn't
care much for judging the dead, but whether a semi-corpreal person could
stand on their head, if you know what I mean.

> Amrikol:  God of destruction, tyranny, and, conquest.  You
> know, bad stuff that hurts people.

I could see him having mortals start a church proclaiming him to be "The
One True God" and everyone else his divine servants.

> Talon:  God of murder, assassins, poison (of course - what
> did you think?)

Deception?

> Iludriss:  Demipower of madness, despair, and the fog of war
> (maybe, maybe not - he might just be a divine agent).  I
> figure if the orc gods can exist, so can this wacko.

Nice.  Do you have anyone covering war or violence in general?

> Nibrodius:  CN.  God of natural disasters - fires, floods,
> etc.  God of misfortune.

Cool.  Very cool.

> Marcus Drake:  NE.  God of cowardice, betrayal, blind loyalty.

Would anyone worship that?  Maybe there's a better description of the
portfolio.

> The Forester:  Not a god; an immortal servant and
> spokesperson for Amrikol.
>
> Talosaard:   CG.  Lesser power of duty, loyalty, sacrifice,
> and humility.
> Patron of bodyguards.  *** Major concern: does CG really fit
> this portfolio?

Well, I had a reasoning behind *him* being chaotic good.  I don't how
that fits as a god.  But he was loyal to Magnus, even though he was
often in conflict with local ordinances.

What about Prit?