[dungeoncrawl] Holy classes

  • From: Johnathan Detrick <jdetrick@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Riders II <dungeoncrawl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 10:34:22 -0400

    Just an idea.  I've been reading the Defenders of the Faith book
(which, by the way, really is almost useless), when I did get a
thought.  It might be cool to have some Hold Orders, which are basically
prestige classes, for some of the churches that will be worshipping the
new deities.  For example, there is a Holy Order called Holy Liberators
in this book.  They basically go around saving the downtrodden and
enslaved.  Wouldn't that general idea be great for a church of
Ambrosia?  (Of course, I wouldn't use the prestige class we have now,
since it's too generic.  I'm sure Amby could come up with something much
more interesting).
    I see us having two types of Holy Orders.  The first type would be
parts of the god's portfolio that they feel very strongly about.
Ambrosia may have an order that frees enslaved people, Zolkiir might
have some devoted to inventions, or Dennis might create a special bard
class.  These are just parts of their portfolios that are particularly
important to them.
    The other kind might be those that were important to the deities,
but aren't necessarily directly related to their portfolio.  Baish could
have a cool prestige class of Axemen (kind of like the arcane archer,
but with axes), while Magnus could have a group that hunts down and
destroys reptiles, and Nelik might have one that tries to convince
people not to wear shoes.  All of these could be interesting.
    By the way, are we going to give Ambrosia any sort of dominance over
felines in her portfolio, since she is one?