[drivingpairs] today's update-----world pairs

  • From: Mike & Marjean McIntyre <Tenpenny@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "INTERNET:drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 22:04:45 -0400

Well much to my amazement I spendt an hour and 35 min on the phone with M=
r.
Leone this morning, who is president of the USET.  I spendt most of the
conversation feeling like there wasn't much hope there, but I did get a
feeling the last half hour or so that I did make some headway as far as a=

consideration for having another meeting of the full selection committee.=
 =

I really don't think he understood the outrage behind this action, and th=
way it is spreading through the whole community. =

It is my understanding that Mr. Balch recieved over 80 emails today, and
they are being printed out and cateloged and he is reading them and has
responded to a few personally.  Not mine though.    =

It is also my understanding that a letter to the Editor is being sent to
the Chronicle of the Horse, asking for people in all disciplines to resig=
their membership in the USET, and giving people alternative places to sen=
money to support the athletes without giving any money to the USET.  In
case it is declined as a letter to the editor they are sending along
payment for a full page ad.........................  I am not behind this=
, =

but I think it's great. =

I think we have a glimmer of hope but probably not much more, and I reall=
think it depends on the ground swell of support we can build by the end o=
the week or so, so keep cross posting and lobbying everyone you can. =

Personally I am, right now, concentrating on people of standing that I kn=
ow
in other disciplines,  like Lowell Boomer, founder of the USDF,  thinking=

that if they think the whole equestrian communtiy is upset, they might be=

more likely to take action. =

Thanks for all the supportive emails.  I have ALOT of "you go girl" 's, =

and only two negative ones.  I realize some people will not like me as a
result of being so public in this fight, but obviously I think it's a fig=
ht
worth fighting, as obviously you all do too. =

Marjean =