[drivingpairs] Re: tandem

  • From: "Diane Kastama" <dkastama@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 20:47:58 -0800

While I wait for my pair carriage to be done.  I have been driving my boys
tandem to my single carriage (which I do have a drop pole for but it doesn't
work that well).  They have been doing real well.  I'm thinking I might show
them at the Driven Dressage Festival in June and possibly a pleasure show in
May.  Might be fun and we were doing collected trots to extended today.  They
are both Advanced single and pair horses but tandem is new to them but it seems
like old hat to them now.  Ask Hardy, he helped me hook them tandem for the
first time.  Now if I am running short of time and my carriage has the shafts
on it (not the pole) and I want to work both horses, I just drive tandem.  We
go around the neighborhood and everything.  I might have to start practicing
cones now.

Diane Kastama
(Arroyo Grande, Central Coast of CA)