[drivingpairs] Re: tandem

  • From: Wendy Ying <wendy@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 09:39:44 -0400

>Tandem...much to my surprise, shock, and sometimes unbearable grief,
>I find myself without a working, competitive tandem--after so many
>years of CDE / dressage/ and just go for the sheer fun of it/ tandem
>driving. To those of you trying tandem, go for it; there is no
>greater joy when it goes well. Conversely, there is no greater and
>quicker disaster when it does NOT go well. But therein lies the
>challenge. Drive single, pair, four, unicorn, what have you...there
>is nothing like a good tandem. Please don't underestimate the
>dangers--no matter the size or skill of your horses or yourself.
>Study where you can, with whom you can, and with as many equine
>combos as possible. Most comparably-trained four-in-hands are more
>stable than most tandems. When you and two equines can 'talk' in
>tandem, with precision, and at speed when needed, there's nothing
>else like it in this little world of ours. Hope to see you all out
>there again someday.  Happy driving, tandemtiger

speaking of tandem.......

anybody want to go to Gladstone with me ?  I am taking my pony tandem
for our first CDE and my supergroom/navigator Sarah Bright is running
off to Haiti with her school....I couldn't believe that Catholic
schools take field trips to "Hades" !!!!!  anyways....if you are
skinny and crazy....email me :)

Wendy Ying,DVM
Irish Hobby Farm
Bluemont, Virginia